Colleen Cook :: Attorneys
"One of the greatest challenges I face in my practice, is convincing employers that they can, indeed, still run their own business, in spite of the laws and regulations governing the employment relationship in the United States."
— Colleen Cook
- Undergraduate education from Ohio State University (B.A. 1979, Cum Laude).
- Legal education from Ohio State University (J.D. 1982).
- OSBA Certified Specialist: Labor and Employment Law
- Admitted to practice before the Ohio and West Virginia Supreme Courts, the United States Supreme Court and numerous federal, district and circuit courts.
- Practice areas are labor and employment law, workers' compensation and civil litigation.
- Aids employers in making sense of the ever-expanding rights and remedies available to employees under state and federal law; Represents employers who are facing administrative proceedings, litigation and compliance requirements.
- My 'spare' time is spent on civic activities (Marietta Memorial Health Foundation, Marietta Brick Streets Commission, Marietta Rotary Club) and Ohio Bar Association-related activities (OSBA Board of Governors, Ohio Bar Liability Insurance Company, Ohio CLE Advisory Committee, Ohio Lawyer Magazine Board of Editors), traveling, gardening and fitness.